Here are a few extra tips to help less-experienced on-camera talent or interviewees. I usually send these on to a client to share with folks prior to the production day.
- Bring at least one alternative set of clothing to the interview.
- Herringbone, stripes, or small patterns do not look good on camera. Avoid vivid patterns, plaids, and geometric shapes.
- Please keep your jewelry simple.
- Do not wear bright white. Cream, eggshell, or light gray are preferred.
- Unless told otherwise, maintain eye contact with your interviewer throughout the interview.
- Relax. Your crew is here to make you look good.
- It's okay to revisit an interview question, or to occasionally take a "do-over."