If you’ve wondered why I’ve been so quite lately... it’s because I’ve been hard at work on both of these books. I’m proud to announce that these will be shipping in just a few weeks. Both feature a ton of new projects and all sorts of new tips. Even if you have previous editions of the books, you won’t want to miss these. We’ve completely rewritten nearly every chapter with a ton of new projects, design tips, and a bunch of really helpful advice.
Apple Training Series: iWork 09
In the only Apple-certified guide to iWork ’09, you’ll learn to create everything from first-rate business presentations and newsletters to effective budgets and event planners. Focused lessons take you step by step through all aspects of Keynote, Pages, and Numbers. The self-paced book/DVD combo uses real-life material and practical lessons that you can apply immediately to your own projects. You’ll learn to:
• Master the iWork suite of tools quickly through fun, real-world projects
• Design a Keynote presentation from storyboard to Web export
• Add animated charts and motion backgrounds to a presentation with ease
• Publish great-looking newsletters and brochures in print and on the Web
• Build a professional marketing package from scratch
• Create expense reports, track budgets, and plan special events
• Sort, organize, and chart data using sophisticated spreadsheet calculations
Apple Training Series: iLife 09
In the only Apple-certified guide to iLife ’09, the authors have you working miracles with iLife within the first few pages. Featuring footage and images from around the world, this book/DVD combo uses real-life material and practical lessons that you can apply immediately to your own projects. Focused lessons take you step by step through all aspects of iLife ’09—everything from organizing and sharing your photo library to creating polished video and soundtracks. Along the way, you’ll produce movies, photobooks, podcasts, websites, blogs, and custom DVDs.
Get iLife ‘09 for 34% off the cover price
I worked hard on these... there’s a ton of new stuff and I really hope you check them out.