While you may be tempted to rely on an Auto White Balance feature on your camera, don’t. These can be overly sensitive to things like a passing cloud. Instead, just keep an eye on your monitor or viewfinder while shooting.
Looking for an easy way to white-balance on a shoot? I just discovered the useful Whibal White Balance Reference Cards.
Here's what I like:
- Lightweight and single-card format.
- Light Gray, certified to recommended Luminance
- Includes Black and White Spots
- Focus and Sharpness targets
- Sturdy and Easy to Pack (it even floats)