Adobe just launched a new benefit for Creative Cloud members. It's available through the Creative Cloud for Desktop to all paid Creative Cloud members. (It's not available to the photography plan customers). Adobe says that iOS and browser-based versions of Creative Cloud Market are in the works and will be released in the future.
What Is It?
Creative Cloud Market is a collection of high-quality, curated content. This includes things like icons, shapes, brushes, reference images, patterns, and textures. The content is actually licenses from Adobe Behance members and made available for free to Creative Cloud members. A member can download up to 500 unique assets each month including PSD, ABR, TPL, JPEG and PNG files.
How to Access It
To access Market, you'll first need to install the Creative Cloud for desktop application. For instructions to download, see Creative Cloud for desktop.
You can browse thousands of high-quality assets from within the Creative Cloud for desktop app. Choose Assets > Market. You can also expand the drop-down to search by category, or search by keywords to find the most relevant assets for your project.
- For Placement: photo and digital based templates with organized layers and professional masking (PSD files).
- User Interfaces: layered PSDs including full kits, forms, charts, navigation, and widgets for both mobile and web.
- Vector Shapes: scalable objects and shapes that integrate with Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Icons: a series of glyph, outline, flat and 3D symbols for print, web and way finding.
- Patterns: infinitely repeatable geometric, illustrated, and textured patterns and backgrounds.
- Brushes: high quality natural media and abstract Photoshop brushes.
How to access
- In Creative Cloud for desktop, choose Assets > Market.
- To filter assets, select a category from the Market pop-up menu.
- To search for assets, click and enter a search term.
- Click a thumbnail to view additional information.
- Click Download. Assets are automatically downloaded to the Market Downloads folder in your main Creative Cloud Files folder.
The Fine Print
Here are some official answers from Adobe you might want to read.
Why don't photography plan customers get access to Creative Cloud Market?
Creative Cloud Market is a new benefit that has been added to certain paid Creative Cloud plans, and is not included in the entitlements for photography plan customers. Some Creative Cloud services, such a Creative Cloud Market, TypeKit, and ProSite are only available to Single App or Complete Creative Cloud plans. To download and use Creative Cloud Market content, upgrade to either Creative Cloud Single App or Complete plans.
Do downloaded assets count toward my storage quota?
Yes. Downloaded assets are stored on your Creative Cloud Files folder, and count toward the storage. If you exceed your storage quota, you'll be unable to download assets unless you delete old files and create some space. See Manage and Sync files.
Can I use these assets in my projects?
Yes. These assets are unique and provided royalty free for use in your projects.
Can I copy or back up these assets for future use?
Yes, you can back up assets obtained from Creative Cloud Market for future use.