Like many I bought a new iPad Air. Thanks to Apple's secrecy, finding a decent case has proven pretty much impossible. This is because the exact shape and position of buttons was a secret. Want a case that loosely fits or covers your buttons... no problem. It's also easy to find one that doesn't shut the device off when you close the lid.
But I like my gear to last and look professional. After a lot of searching, I'm very happy with the results.
The Perfect Case for iPad Air
I ended up choosing the Bear Motion Case ® For Apple IPad Air. Their website looks terrible and I was a bit skeptical, but here's what I like about it.
- Proper Fit. The iPad Air fits snuggly and securely inside the case.
- Light & Sturdy. The case adds no noticeable weight, but doesn't sacrifice sturdiness. In other words it feels solid but not heavy.
- The holes line up. From the camera, to the mic, to the speakers. Nothing is covered or blocked that you need. All the switches are easy to access and the sound is not impeded.
- The feel. This case is leather. If that bothers you, don't buy it. I like the feel of leather. This particular one is Beautiful Brazilian buffalo hide. The case is not slippery, but it is a smooth finish.
- The magnets work. Closing the lid puts the iPad asleep. Most of the cases shipping right now don't work as the magnets don't properly line up with the sensor.
- View at Four Angles. You can angle the screen to four positions when open to make typing and viewing more comfortable.
The Perfect Screen Cover for iPad Air
I've been very happy with this brand of covers in the past. In fact I use them across all my devices. The screen protector is literally washable. I just picked up the Moshi iVisor AG for iPad Air - Black. The screen protector is expensive, but it's the easiest to install and the one I put on my last iPad has lasted for two years and is still going strong. The antiglare is hard to find, so you may have to go for clear. I expect stock to come in soon.
- The look. Antiglare surface improves readability. High transparency ensures minimal impact to brightness. Shows very few fingerprints.
- The install. 100% bubble free. Installation takes only seconds
- The durability. iVisor can be washed and reapplied repeatedly. Hardened surface treatment for enhanced scratch protection.
- The feel. EZ-Glide surface treatment makes touch screen maneuverability as good as the original surface.