Here is the new podcast feed: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/photofocuspodcastGet the show here or get it on iTunes
This week’s show is a triple scoop of goodness. We’ve got three interviews to satisfy your creative, technical, and business needs. Join hosts Rich Harrington and Melissa Niu for interviews with important thought leaders.
First up, Rich talks with Tamara Lackey who is a professional photographer, speaker, and author. She focusses on lifestyle photography, from children’s portraits to celebrity portraits. Tamara’s work has been featured in dozens of media outlets, including Parenting Magazine, O – The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Vogue, Food & Wine, Men’s Journal, Nikon World, Professional Photographer Magazine, Rangefinder Magazine, Photoshop User Magazine, NBC’s The Martha Stewart Show, ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, PBS’ Need to Know and NBC’s The Today Show.
Rich and Tamara discuss:
- What she’s been working on lately
- The What If Day Camps to recharge your creativity
- How bringing art and business together taught her a lesson
- Tips on balancing your personal, business, and family life
- Three things that you can do to change bad habits that are holding you back
- Practicing with your equipment so you know it cold
Next up, Melissa Niu sets down with Joel Grimes. Joel is a commercial advertising photographer with a distinct style. His unique approach has earned him work from top advertising agencies and art buyers.
Melissa and Joel discuss:
- How he started out
- Advice for branding your work
- How Joel defined his look
- How compositing and digital photography affected his workflow
- What you need to do to master your look
- Advantages of HDR
- Our handicaps and the beauty of working and overcoming them
- How his color blindness affected and contributed to his look
- Tips to achieve your goals
Last up, we dig deep into the recent Facebook controversy. Photographers are giving up even more rights by posting to the social network. We went straight to the top to get a leading legal expert. Terry Hart, the Director of Legal Policy for the Copyright Alliance breaks through the hype and rumors and walks us through the real repercussions.
Rich and Terry discuss:
- Why is this Facebook change creating such a buzz
- Why Facebook wants your content
- What are you granting Facebook to do with your content?
- What Facebook says they will do versus what the terms of service says they can do
- Suggestions on how to protect your interests when using a social network
- Why watermarking your content won’t protect you
- Can you change your mind and “un-post” content?
- How to use 3rd party sites to share links
- Why is this becoming a legal issue and Congress getting involved?
- How can groups like the Copyright Alliance and American Society of Media Photographers help?
- Where can you go to learn more about copyright
Disclaimer: This show presents several ideas and techniques that we hope help you. These are just some ways of approaching the issues at hand. Combine with your own skill for best results.
Download — http://photofocuspodcast.libsyn.com/webpage
Hosted by Rich Harrington and Melissa Niu
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes — http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214