Don't miss this podcast with wildlife photographer Robert OToole.
Rich Harrington has a special guest this week. Robert OToole joins us to discuss his migration from commercial photographer to world-renowned nature photographer. Robert was the co-leader for our Alaska trip this year and a fantastic photographer and instructor.
Robert O’Toole is an award-winning professional photographer. He was named American Bald Eagle Foundation “Photographer of the Year” in 2008. His vertical banking Bald Eagle image was awarded highly commended in the 2006 BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
Rich and Robert discuss:
- His move into nature photography
- How to practice wildlife photography in your own neighborhood
- Strategies for photographing nature
- What makes a great image
- Where to position the sun when shooting outdoors for the best light
- The best times of day to shoot outdoors
- Why Robert loves snow and eagles
- The role of postprocessing and nature photography
- The best camera settings for outdoor shooting to preserve highlights and exposure
- Why he shoots manual 90% of the time
- His favorite plugins for nature and landscape work
- How to use your back focus button
- How tracking sensitivity impacts your shots
- Where you can travel with Robert for workshops
Download — http://photofocuspodcast.libsyn.com/webpage
Hosted by Rich Harrington
Follow Robert on Twitter and read his blog
Please post a review for the Podcast on iTunes — http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/photofocus/id512223214