A new survey by Citrix find that most folks have little to no understanding of cloud computing. For those reading, the cloud in this case refers to a network that allows for data to be accessed from a variety of devices. Here are some highlights of the survey.
- 95% of those who think they’re not using the cloud, actually are
- 3 in 5 (59%) believe the “workplace of the future” will exist entirely in the cloud
- 40% believe accessing work information at home in their “birthday suit” would be an advantage
- More than 1/3 agree that the cloud allows them to share information with people they’d rather not be interacting with in person
- After being provided with the definition of the cloud, 68% recognized its economic benefits
- 14% have pretended to know what the cloud is during a job interview
- 51% of respondents, including a majority of Millennials, believe stormy weather can interfere with cloud computing.
- When asked what “the cloud” is, a majority responded it’s either an actual cloud (specifically a “fluffy white thing”), the sky or something related to the weather (29 percent).