While I love 95% of Adobe Premiere Pro… I do have a few annoyances. One of the biggest is loading clips from the Project Panel.
Select a clip… press Return (Enter) and nothing happens.
Well the good news is (like most of the "missing" shortcuts) this can be changed.
1. Choose Premiere Pro > Keyboard Shortcuts or Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Choose Panels from the pop-up menu.
3. Type the Open in the search field.
4. Click in the field next to Project Panel > Open in Source Monitor and then press the Return (Enter) key. This ill remap the default Render work area (which I would change to Command/Ctrl + R).
5. While you/re at it, click in the field next to Media Browser Panel > Open in Source Monitor and then press Shift + Return (Enter) key.
There… problem solved.
If you want to learn A LOT more on Adobe Premiere Pro – Be sure to check out my new book.