When it comes to Photoshop layer styles, how do you add shortcuts to a technology based on shortcuts?
The designers at Adobe managed to squeeze a few in. Here’s the most useful shortcuts related to layer styles.
- Double-click on a layer in the layer’s panel (except on the name), and you will be in the Layer Style dialog box.
- To edit a specific effect, double-click that effect’s name in the Layers panel.
- Turn effects off temporarily by clicking on the eyeball icon next to it.
- Copy and paste layer styles by right-clicking on the effect icon in the Layers panel and choose Copy layer style.
- You can also paste a copied effect to multiple layers that are selected or linked. Just right-click on the Effect icon and select Paste Layer Style.
- You can move a layer style from one layer to another by dragging it.
- You can Option + drag (Alt + drag) a layer style from one layer to another to copy it.