I have literally just sent the last changes to the last chapter in. The brand new book After Effects for Flash | Flash for After Effects is going to print. I am quite proud of the book and it explores some amazing things. The book is designed for Flash and After Effects users, and is meant to teach them how to use both programs together (along with Creative Suite 4). The book explores some pretty revolutionary things, but also has great primers to get new users up to speed fast (you can’t put a race car on your cover if the book doesn’t cover serious ground).
The official blurb
Adobe Creative Suite 4 brings together two powerful animation tools, each of which has its own specialized features and workflow. Learning to integrate Adobe After Effects and Adobe Flash Professional gives you more options for your animations and effects and the power to integrate video and motion graphics into a richer user experience. In this book, authors Richard Harrington and Marcus Geduld lead both types of users, those who are more familiar with either Flash or with After Effects, on using the programs together for maximum efficiency and creativity.
After walking you through the core features of both programs, the authors then explore advanced uses for each application. Each chapter focuses on a particular function of the program, teaching you how to create content for Flash with After Effects, enhance your projects using 3D environments, create professional-looking video with Adobe Media Encoder, and add interactivity, accessibility, and searchability to your video. You’ll also get hands-on experience using the project files on the accompanying DVD.
Within these easy-to-follow, step-by-step lessons, you’ll learn to:
- Seamlessly exchange projects and assets between After Effects and Flash
- Shoot green screen material correctly, work with Keylight, and utilize embedded alpha channels
- Create dynamic text, vector-based animations, and “animated” video using the tools in Adobe Creative Suite 4
- Work with 3D cameras and lights and create 3D environments
- Convert Flash to broadcast and DVD standards with After Effects
- Use Adobe Media Encoder for professional results
- Create interactive controls and use cue points in your video
- Optimize video for accessibility and use Adobe® Soundbooth® for video transcription
- Use ActionScript in your projects for more innovative animations