The Aperture book is DONE and off to print. We worked in complete coverage on Aperture 2.1 which has some great new features. I've logged a lot of time with the application and wanted to offer some insight on the best of the new features in the free 2.1 update.
- Dodge & Burn Plug-in – This plug-in offers much more than just Dodge and Burn. You'll also find brush-based tools for Contrast, Saturation, Sharpen Fade, and Blur. The plug-in also opens the door to third-party development (including some cool tools from nik Software.
- Customize Default Adjustment Set – You can now specify which adjustments appear by default in the Adjustments Inspector/HUD.
- Updated Crop Tool – The crop tool has been simplified. The new UI makes it easier to preserve an image's original aspect ratio, match the aspect ratio of your display, or use one of the standard preset aspect ratios.
- Flip Images – You can now flip or flop images horizontally or vertically within Aperture.
- Save Books as JPEG or TIFF images – This means you can now submit books to several third party websites.
The book will be out very soon... you can order it here.