I often get asked.... how should I learn After Effects... the answer is slow and steady. After Effects is a tough puzzle that is well worth learning. After Effects is a relatively expensive piece of software with an enormous feature set. It is not a tool that you can just sit down with and pick up in a few hours. If you're going to spend that much money on a piece of software, do not try to figure out that piece of software on your own.
Learning After Effects requires you to spend some time with the program and follow a structured learning regimen. Some of our favorite After Effects learning tools include:
- After Effects Apprentice – Trish and Chris Meyer
• After Effects @ Work – Focal Press
• Broadcast Graphics on the Spot – Richard Harrington, Glen Stephens, Chris Vadnais
• Creative After Effects – Angie Taylor
• Creative Cow – www.CreativeCow.net
• Xeler8r – www.xeler8r.com