Like many out there... I find some of the cosmetic changes in Leopard are bothersome. Fortunately, a donationware application named Xspinner does the trick.
- Customize the Dock
- Change the look of the menu bar
- Use Widgets outside of the Dashboard
- Customize the default Save and Print dialogs in all applications
- Tweak Finder settings
- Run system maintenance scripts
- and access system utilities and system logs
The biggest changes I like are making the menu bar opaque again, showing file paths in windows, and tweaking the Dock. The application is highly recommended as it is very stable and does not have to keep running after the changes are made.