We’ve always wished that we were incredible illustrators. Alas the whole hand-eye coordination thing never really worked out. However, we have a nice, happy medium.
- Choose a clip you’d like to effect.
- Choose Effects > Video Filters > Stylize > Line Art. Whoa! Isn’t that cool? Your footage has instantly been transformed into a moving illustration!
- Load the clip into the Viewer and click on the Filters tab. Here you can adjust paper color and opacity, and ink color.
- You can also control threshold and smoothness to adjust what is included as a line and the blend between the lines and the paper.
- Use the Mix control to blend in your original image.
Like this tip? It comes from the book
Final Cut Studio On the Spot from Focal Press.